Xander Bogaerts

Xander Bogarts ready to return to Red Sox starting lineup

Rob Bradford
August 29, 2014 - 4:25 pm
Categories: 

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Xander Bogaerts is ready to return. The Red Sox shortstop  -- who had been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list after being hit in the head with a Felix Hernandez change-up Aug. 22 --  is scheduled to return to the team'€™s starting lineup, Saturday. "I really didn'€™t have too many symptoms," Bogaerts said prior to Friday night'€™s game at Tropicana Field. "The only symptom I pretty much had was tiredness '€” like sleepy. Everything I did, I would just get sleepy. Maybe that'€™s because I wasn'€™t doing any baseball activities. Maybe it could have been the symptoms, too. The sleepiness is all I kind of got. No headaches, no anything like that. "I took all my tests, I did pretty good. I didn'€™t have any problems with memory or focus, just a little bit of tiredness." Bogaerts said he adhered to doctor'€™s orders and refrained from much activity, letting the symptoms subside. "Yeah, I just stayed at home and rested like the doctors said," said Bogaerts, who wasn'€™t with the team during its series in Toronto. "I watched the games. That'€™s all I did. Obviously I couldn'€™t play or do any baseball activities, so I just tried to relax." Prior to his hiatus, Bogaerts was in the midst of a significant slump, having one hit in his last 23 at-bats. In 118 games this season, the shortstop is hitting .227 with a .627 OPS. "Hopefully it benefits me," he said of the time off. "I got some rest -- rest that I needed. Ill try to finish the season strong."

Comments ()