Jayson Tatum reportedly not considering sitting out of NBA restart because of contract concerns

Ryan Hannable
June 18, 2020 - 11:52 am
Categories: 

Earlier this week, there was a report in the New York Daily News that Jayson Tatum is reluctant to return to the NBA this season because of injury concerns with a massive contract likely coming this offseason.

But, apparently that isn't the case.

According to NBC Sports Boston's A. Sherrod Blakely, that is not true.

“He’s concerned like every other player about returning to play. There’s a lot … going on in the world that players need to be more concerned about. But sitting out because of the contract? Hell no," a source told him.

Blakely said more positive COVID-19 tests are more of a concern for Tatum.

The NBA is scheduled to return July 31 in Orlando.

Related: Celtics' Tremont Waters wins G League's Rookie of the Year